Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A dental problem


Today has been another sunny day in the beautiful mountain range of Himalaya. As every day, I woke up to a cup of Sherpa tea together with a delicious cookie. Before sunrise, we were already on our way to Intermediate Camp 5900 MSL. After about 6 hours trekking we finally made it to IC. I will be spending one night at the camp, before we are climbing another 500m to Advanced Base Camp 6400MSL. Most of my medical equipment has already been transported by a convoy of yaks.
Yesterdays ill-fated Sherpa, all of sudden showed up at IC as I unpacked my stuff. He just came to tell me how thankful he was for everything I had done.
Today I also had to help out a local guy from Tibet. He was having dental problems and after looking into his mount I really understood why…..There wasn’t a single tooth left.
I gave him some pain killers and asked him to return back to Base Camp.

Bye Bye

No comments: