Thursday, April 26, 2007

Still doing fine...

A few days have past since you have heard from me now. I am now back at Base Camp after a night at Advanced Base Camp. Getting down from there seemed long but interesting. As I walked down the mountainside, I stumbled over a lost yak. I brought him with me, and gave him the name "Yngve".
There is still a huge demand and willingness to participate in the project, and I spend hours and hours of collecting data.
Since I am all by myself, other expeditions are extremely forthcoming and I have been invited to several dinners. Last night I had dinner with two guys from Kazakhstan. They served me a traditional Kazakhstan plate consisting of goat genitals. Today I have had dinner with a group of Frenchmen, all really nice. They served up a beautiful dish of creamy soup, sausage and some exclusive cheeses.
So far, I have been given my medical assistance to several guys in need, but my biggest deed yet has been helping an old Japanese guy. He was having some breathing problems, but with my help he was up and running in no time. I later found out, without anything confirmed, he's trying to set a new world record, "The oldest guy on Everest". At an age of 73, I can see that being true.
I am staying here at Base Camp for a few more days before trekking up to C1 and maybe higher, if possible, to do additional research.

Feeling good in beautiful Himalayas...

No comments: