Friday, May 4, 2007

A night in Hell...

I had only a few hours in heaven at 8000 MSL, before hell broke loose. Within a short period of time the weather changed dramatically. From being nothing but sun, we were now entering a horrible snowstorm. With low visibility it wasn't easy getting down. Things didn't get any better as I arrived back to Camp 1. Snow had gotten into my tent, making everything wet and frozen. My socks looked like a pair of snowballs as I woke up today cold, but harmless. I got my stuff together and moved down to ABC. My plan was to stay a night at ABC, but I was told that one of my Sherpa's down at Intermediate Camp had become ill, and needed medical aid. I have already sent two other sherpa's down ahead of me. Currently I am packing up and will be heading down to Intermediate Camp shortly.

Story to follow...

- When I arrived to Intermediate Camp I could ascertain that he had a stomach infection and would need hospital treatment. We therefore packed our stuff again an moved towards Base Camp. The moonlight lit the path on our way to Base Camp, and we are expected to be there in the morning hours.

No comments: