Monday, April 16, 2007

Another great day in Paradise


I was woken this morning by one of my Sherpa’s. As every morning, they give me a cookie and a cup of “Sherpa” tea, consisting of regular tea with a tiny hint of yak milk. All this, to give me the energy needed to get through the day.
As the day went by, a Sherpa from another expedition was brought down to camp. He had been working at camp 1 and 2 for some time, and had start feeling sick. He was brought down to base camp, where I could give him the medical treatment needed. He caught blood and was in a lot of pain. I was able to use my medical experience to get him in a stabilized setting and from what I am being told he is doing much better.
As every day, I need to acclimatize to the increasing altitude, and therefore climbed to about 6000 MSL. During this trip I “hooked” up with Cato Zahl Pedersen…he..he..he..he..
Tomorrow we are moving all my equipment up to Intermediate Camp 5900 MSL, and from there Advanced Base Camp 6400 MSL camp next…

Feeling good in sunny Himalaya…

No comments: