Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Trouble, trouble, trouble...

As we arrived at ABC a Japanese informed me that the 2 guys from Kazakhstan had had some problems getting down after making the top. They had together made it down to C3 (7900 MSL), but without any food/water a night at C3 had almost been too much. A Sherpa from a South African expedition had discovered one of the guys lying out in the snow, unable to communicate, but conscious, while the other guy was cold an exhausted. With help from other expeditions, they were brought down to ABC. The minute they arrived to camp I was giving them my medical assistant. I examined them both for frost injuries, but they both seemed fine. One of the guys was unwilling and hard to examine. He complained about chest pain and had slimy caught, but being non-cooperative made it a challenge. We had him under observation over night in case something happened, and I have been available over radio contact throughout the night with the South African expedition.
Away from all the drama, Discovery Channel have been at camp filming all day. I have been filmed and interviewed, which will later be showed on TV.

C1 next….

No comments: