Wednesday, May 2, 2007

What's next... 8000MSL???

Today we made it to Camp 1 after a long and exhausting trek from ABC. The weather started out extremely good, but the closer we got to C1 the more awful it seamed to get. Intense snow made it difficult and challenging the last few hundred meters up to camp. The “Hamar til topps” expedition has been a big part of the project so far, and they have allowed me to do further research on them the higher we gets.
From what I have been told, the 2 guys from Kazakhstan are doing a lot better. They should now have been transported to a lower, more suitable, altitude, which should help them recover from the strain they went through.
Camp 1 is located at 7060 MSL, and here I will do most of my research. However, if the weather and my physical condition allow me to, I will try to reach higher, maybe as high as 8000 MSL.

Please visit www.hamartiltopps.no

No comments: