Thursday, April 12, 2007

Base Camp 5200 MSL

We left Thingri early yesterday morning and arrived at Base Camp around 15:00. A few hours later and I had everything settled for the days to come. During unpacking my Sherpa team prepared my first supper at 5200 MSL, “Solbær-Toddy” (hot flavored drink) and popcorn.
Last night was rough. Throughout the night, a team member of another expedition became extremely sick. I had to look after him all through the night, but nothing seemed to make him feel any better. Being in so much pain, we saw no other way but calling for rescue. He was transported directly to the nearest hospital. From what I have heard he is doing much better….
Today I have done some more research. It’s great to see the interest people have for my study and their willingness to participate.
The temperature during the day, reach between 15-20 degrees, but as soon as it gets closer to night it drops below freezing.
Right now I’m in my sleeping bag getting ready for a good night of sleep.

So long, farewell

No comments: